Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Last Card: King of Spades


A have a typical high school life. I am one (it means we are many) class clowns in our batch. I don't know if it was sheer liveliness or just a juice of our youth but we always crack jokes to make the class burst in laughter. But whenever there's a contest, like these class jesters are usually the one who gave the wild idea and creates marvelous concept. The person In applaud most is Leo Aquino and Lourdes Severo. They are people with jokes but definitely one of the most sensible people in our batch. I, on the other hand, belongs to the people who rarely attend classes just to play basketball. It is when my classroom adviser talk to me about what will happen if I continue this attitude, specially we are nearing our graduation. She told me: "I have handled you since your third year, and I have seen you in your lower years. It is evident you fail in the first three quarters but always get a score in the fourth good enough to save your whole annual term. You too have ideas that are so outrageous and seemingly radical that always brought out your kind of ingenuity. You are only hardworking in areas you love and seemingly ignore those that bores you. You have a great gift but you either hide it or misuse it. Think about it. You were never there whenever that gift of yours was needed. Don't make them useless. It will just fade and so your future. Think about it."
I did graduate high school and make sure that in my college days, I will use those gifts. And I do learn more to have other skills and enhance what are presently acquired. I have learned that TALENT IS USELESS IF YOU'RE ALWAYS ABSENT. Time is always at the essence. Talent, or skills, always go hand in hand with time. Using them is like sharpening a sword. And like swords, they can be full of rust when they are just hidden. Always be there. You can never know when your opportunity will rise. While waiting, why not sharpen your sword. You will never know what kind of object that your sword must strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment