Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Queen of Spades


Why does shit happens? It is not always an unforeseen event nor something caused by other person. It is usually an "experience caused by our very own carelessness. When I was working on a bank, I told my manager that even if I am an events person, I have the capacity to easily learn and adopt to new things. I think it is one of the reason why they hired me. It was a totally different world for me. I am not used to working with a routine systems with numbers, and I know I am a person who needs to let my creative juices into work. But I still stay and learn. What happened to my next six month is "same shit, different day" experience. I always feel heavy going to work. I exerted effort that seems to be never enough. My time-in is 6:30 am but I was already working at about 5 am. I should be going home by 4 pm but I always extend until 8 or 10 pm. Whatever preparation that I have done the day will never be enough for the demands of the next day. I really felt like a dolphin taken away from the sea and put into the dessert. Why do I have experience that? I think maybe I am too young that's why I took the risk (anyways, I have learn and it is a gain situation for me.) But I think I haven't prepared myself to it. I just jump into the bandwagon and come what may. Another lesson learned, it is good taking risks but be sure you know what will happen before going through it.
My girlfriend is a marketing and events officer in a real estate firm. She is doing great in her work, but like a typical employee, she experiences shit-load of happenings. She was forced to be more creative than the usual. She was always going through extended hours of work. But still the workload never decreases. It is a different situation but some little things that should be taken care of are usually the things that causes her delays. So the next day, this small snow is now a huge snow ball. We all have a share of those experience, especially, like her, she was overworked.
It is somewhat strict but what we do today defines our tomorrow. We should always do our best in the present so that we have a better future. The Lesson here is: THE BEST PREPARATION FOR A GOOD WORK TOMORROW IS TO DO GOOD WORK TODAY. Hey, it doesn't mean good work is just doing what you have to do, it means do better everyday, good was never enough. So if shit do happens, despite of all the works done, you know that it is manageable and you'll be able to convert that shit into gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment