Friday, January 29, 2010

Going Through Depression


This past few months has been very depressing for me. I've quitted a secured job for the sake of practicing my degree, but I guess if I don't have any money, I really won't succeed in business. I actually had money, but all of my savings went to medical expenses. That's why my parents thought that I really don't have any. I kept this secret because we really are not a "surviving", as they say, kind of family. Okay, not to mislead you with my topic, I'll have to end the sickness issue here. But isn't depression a sickness too? I think everybody suffers from it. The difference is some people could go through it. Some people were being devoured by it, while others survive. A little number of people used depression as a tool to succeed and be a better person. Right now, I think I'm becoming one of those, people who make depression a career and personal booster. One of my downsides, which is also a factor causing for me to be depress, is that I do not posses any natural talent. Really, I consider myself a talentless person. See, it really is depressing. But when I dig into my memory bank, I see picture of me, a talentless dude, being capable of things that I really can't do. Like for example, basketball. I really am not good but with a good mentor and hard work, I finally learn and, later, have championships. I really can't draw or design but I do have a very colorful imagination that made me draw or lay out everything that I think of. Yeah, maybe I really don't have talent, but my lack of it was complemented by my richness in qualities. Depression made me realize what I do have, instead of worrying what I is really not in my hands. It made me think of a way to use these qualities, and these depressing times, to finally have what I want to achieve. I leave my secured job but what the heck? I can still do things even if I do not have money. I have qualities. Such as me being a natural eloquent person. It made me use words to gain my creditor's confidence. I backed it up with concrete plan and fail safe measures. Everything is calculated, even the unthinkable. Good thing is that my creditor is a relative who believes in what I can do. That faith gave me strength to go through the rough times, from then till now. In times of depression, the key is to believe. Believe that if there is a problem, there's got to be a solution. Believe that it was given to you because you are the only person who can solve it. Believe that there are people still believing in you, even if there is none. Believe that there is a sunshine coming out of the rain. All you have to do is believe. Now, I'm doing well with my business, but it is too early to say that I'm out of my depression. I'm still depressed; I just look at it as a key to a great load of treasure. All I have to do... is believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment