Sunday, January 31, 2010

Not Yet


Every Sunday morning, I play basketball together with my high school batchmates. It has been a weekly bonding for us and also an opportunity for me to lose some weight. It has been almost eleven years since we graduated High School. Since we are always updated with each other, we have a little luxury of surprise about what's happening to who. It is something I personally look forward to every week. It is not I'm staying away from topics regarding career but I try to not talk about that portion. It is not that I am a failure, really, I also have a share of success stories to tell. For example, in our group, I probably can say that I have the least amount of income. Therefore, I cannot talk about me having a new this or a new that. Me going somewhere to relax and spend some cash. To be honest, I am asking myself if I'm envious of what they have or who they are now. But everytime I contemplate, I will come into a BIG NO for an answer. It is in my personality to question everything that I am doing so that everything will be worth doing. I can take big blows in my life, even if its personal. Like what I have said. A problem or a situation was given to me simply because I am the best person to solve it. Right now, I do not have the luxury to go shopping, to travel, or even attend our barkada's gimmick. I really need to save at the moment. All of us have the obligation, it's just that the level of difficulty is as different as the responsibilities. And also the situation. I have to make both ends meet. My parents have no money to lend me so I can run this business. They are poor. We are poor. But they gave me the reason to succeed. The personality to endure, and my well being to possess success. They give things that money can't buy. They gave me me. Because of me, I know right now is not the time to be luxurious. Because of me, I don't mind enduring sacrifices. Because of me, I am doing what I suppose to do and to say every moment. Yes, I am not the best person in the world but I have every aspects in me to be one. I am not ashamed if I wear the same shirt, cheap footwear and donated pants. But I will be ashamed if I am not doing a thing about it. Currently, I work smart, not hard, to achieve those. Definitely I will not miss any barkada events, but not this time. I need me for me to secure that we will all have a smooth sailing journey till we grow old. Not just my barkadas, but most especially, my love ones as well. Anyways, I don't feel bad working my ass and missing all the happy-nings. Because I am happy with my career. I am my own boss. I am my own employee. I am my everything, in my career. I am not tired of smiling because I have some thing to look forward to. To reap the fruits of work, share it with my love ones. And make sure that it will not stop during the entirety of this lifetime. And it is getting closer and closer. So close that I can say I can already stretch my arms to reach them for a high five. When you are down, there is no way but to get up. So life, just bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment