Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Generic Truth


People see me as a person who can do everything. Like what Michael Jordan say "My role is the utility man, I fill in the things where our team is lacking." Well I am a Michael Jordan fan and definitely we are two different people. He is born with his special talent. He was born to play basketball. I envy such guys. People with in-born talents. While me, I have to learn things, the hard way. If to be compared to a paper, I am just an ordinary sheet, not an A4, not even a manila paper, a formless paper. I also see people with unique talents that uses those gifts in a very bad manner. Like swindlers. Definitely they have a gift of persuasion but instead of being involved in marketing or media or any professional field to use it, they make money by fooling other people. Most of them will say they do that because they have nothing and nobody would like to hire them. They didn't even finish schooling. With the ability they have, they definitely have something. They just want something in an easy way. Like what I have said, I do not have any talents. But just what I have said in one of my blogs, what I do have are qualities. I'll explain it to you. Regardless the number of times that I fail (most people would say "maybe this thing is not meant for me.") I use my perseverance and patience, backed up with being industrious to be able to gain a skill, like basketball, writing, drawing and the like. I am not a social animal, I am actually an introvert being. But because I feel the need to live in my social environment, the urge to belong with everyone else, I use my quality to adjust in different scenarios and even with different people of different walks of life. Added with a wide understanding and relating abilities so that I will know what others may think and or may feel, then to what I personally feel about it, I tend to please anyone, and to be two or three steps ahead. With that, I have developed negotiating, humor, persuasion, marketing and public relation skills. It also helped me further develop my strategic planning and people skills. There are many things to be set as my personal examples but these things, these developments didn't transform overnight. Like everybody else, I also was rejected, revoked, and even humiliated by the huge number of mistakes that I have made during these learning processes. Yes, it is an ugly experience to be humiliated. But by quitting brings the humiliation to you as a person. Everybody can humiliate, but is up to the receiver to reject or accept it. It doesn't involve fist fight, all is involve is real decency, discipline and focus. Nobody can crush your humanity unless you let them do it. With these qualities, I learned and develop many different skills. So here, we can see the difference of talents and skills. Talents are the inborn special capability of a person, while a skill is a special capability being put into use. The most different things that is hard to develop are discipline, understanding and focus. These core values are a very strong foundation to a very fruitful human being. It is so easy to quit, but it is so hard live as a quitter. Remember, if you are at the lowest part of your life where you feel you cannot do anything, heed these words, "I am definitely wrong, I am still alive and I can do everything. I am down and beaten but there nowhere else to go but up. I have nothing to lose but everything to gain."

The most important part of being able to do everything, is the social responsibility of taking care of everyone else, and not stepping on anybody just to be a level higher. Pride is important, as well as humility. Never forget to say thank you. There are no enemies, some are just obstacles to further enrich and better yourself. It is not only about them, it is most definitely about you so don't put the blame on others. Anyways, we are all the same, that's the Generic Truth. We are all walking on the same earth and under the same sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment