Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Deck of Cards


I have this card that I have as a souvenir at the 16th Philippine Advertising Congress in Cebu. Since it came into my possession, I always look and read on it. Don't get me wrong, I am no fortune teller that reads what the card says regarding the future, but this set of card has words of wisdom added on each one of them. Some inspirational words that has helped me a little upon being a professional. Why do I say a little? If it has inspirational words or words of wisdom, how come that it has helped me a little? True, the words are some kind of advice, words of preparations and intelligent quotations, but I, as a receiver of the knowledge, fully understands it but didn't live on it. I like them because I really comprehend the thoughts and their application in real life. It sometimes give me a boost in the challenges that I faced. But my indecisions were not caused by these cards. It is definitely caused by me. Whether or not I read the advices written on the cards, the fact that I didn't do the right thing causes me to be a failure. The fact that man has his own free will supports the clause that man's failure is his own doing. I can't blame anyone, most especially the cards, for whatever fall that I have made. Two years ago, I hid the cards because I move a lot. I always ponder what have I done wrong to be in a hard situation. I saw that I have been preparing myself and has this gifts or tools to succeed but I have no drive for it. I was laid back at that time. I lose my sense of direction. But God truly is great. Whenever we are lost in our ways, he always put street signs on the roads we take. I redirected myself from that awkward position, change my direction to head in to my true destination. I have lost some time, yes, but definitely I still have today and tomorrow to do something. Recently, as I was arranging some of my things, I encountered my cards again. They were not arranged properly. While I was rearranging it, I can't help but smile because I can say now that it's word of wisdom now doesn't guide me. I can say that it's words is one of the foundation that make this man strong. I do now have a drive and most likely, I will use each advise. I may have a wrong turn in the future but what the heck? I would not be that far away from my real destination from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment