Saturday, March 27, 2010

Four of Spades


Have anyone seen the Jollibee commercial of Chicken Barbecue? Everybody could say that the new product is so juicy and oh so yummy. I am one of them. I am a huge Jollibee fan. When my friends and I went to their store, I saw the so called juicylicious chicken barbecue in their warmer as a small, dry textured product. I didn't even bother to order it due to it's appearance but my friend does. Like what I have suspected, it is not like what the commercial says. We really are disappointed. It is actually the opposite of what was being advertised. So everytime someone asked me what can I say about the Jollibee Chicken Barbecue, knowing that I am well-verse with their products, I will honestly not recommend it. Anyways, it seems that some people liked it but I can fearlessly say that majority aren't.
There's this one humble carinderia that specializes with lugaw (congee). The store is not really a flashy one but their food is way more delicious than of those classy competitions. They charge cheap or reasonable (tubong lugaw) but the taste is something you could remember and even savor even days after consuming their product. Their store never runs out of customers. And people from distant places didn't mind long drives just to experience and taste their cuisine. They didn't have any TV or radio advertisement. But customers keep on coming and their volume gets bigger and bigger.
yes, there is always a need to market and promote one's product. It is a way of expressing your product to the market. But what is more important than those costly advertising and promotional gimmicks is the quality of the product. It tells a lot not only about the product but most specially about the company also. Poor product grade means improper company function and system. The product is most likely the face of the company. People will like the advertisement for some time, but the product is something from the company that becomes a part of the customer's lives. Quality assurance is an attitude that boost a normal person or company into a winning force. GIVE THEM QUALITY, THAT'S THE BEST ADVERTISING.

No comments:

Post a Comment