Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Six of Diamonds


The card states one of the basic reminders in business "IF WE DON'T TAKE CARE OF THE CUSTOMER... SOMEBODY ELSE WILL." I have known this since I was a little boy, I used to hang around in a small sari-sari store (at that time, it is my bank to where I put my money and have treats in return :D). Lola Dune is really a very warm person, I can say that she really is a good sales person. Even if you won't buy at her store, she will still be that accommodating. In our neighborhood, there is also a small grocery owned by a somewhat Chinese looking fellow. It has so many goods for sale that it is like a usual target for goodies. Aside from the size and number of products sold, the difference between the two establishments is that while Lola Dune is so warm towards everybody, the other one is so cold and moody. Somebody even told him that because of that, however necessary his goods are, people won't bother buying from another. The small grocery operated for I think just four months until the owner decided to finally close it. The lost of customers from this store enables the small sari-sari store of Lola Dune to gain more market and later grow into a grocery. Customers are people too, the need social connection is a major advantage that creates major gains. We are human after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment